Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The omnipresent flip flops

Omnipresent is perhaps the wrong word. Ubiquitous ... also doesn't quite cut it. I'd like to say that my Picnic Sport (contender for best brand name ever?) flip flops have been everywhere with me and when I come to think of it, they actually have, for almost half my life. I got these bad boys when I was eleven, holidaying in the Biscay region of Northern Spain. You will now undoubtedly be thinking, 'wow, you had big feet for an eleven year-old' and I will agree, yes, I did. But don't let that detract from the awesomeness of these stylish, molded-to-my-foot-shape beauties, they have literally been on every holiday and traveling expedition since then. Which includes, and is not limited to everywhere from Thailand to Vegas to Kenya.

I am understandably very reluctant to part with them. In fact, at the request of both my family and girlfriend (and come to think of it, my girlfriend's family), I have been asked to 'upgrade' the Picnic Sport's on countless occasions yet, thankfully, they remain.

Jonty x

1 comment:

  1. You should post a photo from the side to show how worn down and, in actuality, non-present they are. Haha.

    ReplyDelete