Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mii

I've been going to bed at progressively later times this week, setting a new record of 3:45am yesterday. In a feeble attempt to combat this and break the initial stages of what was becoming a nocturnal sleeping pattern, I decided to get tucked up early tonight. Instead, after an hour of listening to music and trying various sleeping positions, I decided this page could do with some attention.

It's been an interesting day. I bought a car, got a great deal on some pizza at lunch, finished the final mixes of a band I've been recording, wrote a new song, and managed to reach level 1500 on wii sports Kendo. I can't actually beat the final boss but I'm getting there. I feel it's all about technique and on watching YouTube videos regarding the matter, feel my own should be augmented in some way. Training will begin tomorrow.

I feel like I got a pretty sweet deal on my new car though. My next door neighbour's boyfriend wanted rid of his Peugeot 306 and on telling me he was scrapping it at the end of the week, I offered him what I felt was a fair £50 and he was happy to let it go. All that I have to do now is make it actually work.

I'm a little worried about my final year university program. I still need to decide on a dissertation topic and go over to the campus library to read some previous students' work. As well as this, I have a bunch of clashes and can't find decent classes or even work out if I have enough classes? It doesn't help that my field chair's on holiday for the rest of the summer either. Pfff... whatever, it's too late to sort it out now so I'm allowed to procrastinate.

I'm venting (in a non angry way) a lot creatively at the moment--it's great. I got to spend a day at the new studio yesterday messing around with, amongst other things: a lovely ProTools HD setup, pianos, a concert vibraphone, and a pair of AKG c414s. I'm working on some really awesome poster designs and have countless ideas in my head for upcoming work and, as it would seem, am actually writing something of both substance and value on here (despite it being 2:38am).

It's not all bad I guess - at least it's going to be sunny tomorrow :)

Jonty x

No comments:

Post a Comment