Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's

only a matter of days now (17 to be exact) until my girlfriend arrives in the UK, and I’m so excited. Despite the fact that she has lived here before, I feel there are still many aspects of British culture that she is yet to experience. For instance, she has never indulged in any decent Indian cuisine (no irony intended) or taken in any of the quality programming British television can offer its viewers.

I’ve been working on pronouncing my ‘th’ sounds recently after noticing that I replace said ‘th’ sounds with the lazier alternative, ‘f’ – e.g. ‘Jonafan’ instead of ‘Jonathan’. It’s becoming fairly a contrived effort though, with me now saying ‘thinger’ instead of ‘finger’. I think it just needs work, or speech therapy…

I watched around 4 hours of LOST season 5 last night and have decided that hands down, it is the best TV series ever. I said this about Prison Break, but everything about LOST is good, all five seasons of it. It’s like six or so awesome TV shows in one as each character brings so much to the table both on and off the island. I can’t wait to see what they’re going to do in the final season and I’ve saved the one and half hour finale of season five for viewing once I’ve written this.

I got some new ink this week. I now have the word ‘BOIZ’ scrawled with my friend’s sister’s tattoo gun across the bottom of my big toe. I figured it would wear off in a few weeks so what’s the harm? Perhaps what’s worse, is the fact that my other friend and I now want a tattoo gun of our own to brand each other with whenever we feel like it!

There’s no real theme to this evening’s post, merely a collection of things I’ve either experienced or thought about over the past week or so. I have decided that I hate motor vehicles however. I have a 3.5 ton van that belongs to me sitting in a field with no MOT and a tax disc that runs out next week. Had I thought about it, I could have sold it back in December when it had both of these things for a cool thousand easily. Right now, it’s just sitting there pretty much worthless. Damn.

Jonty x

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to be arriving in the UK soon as well! :.)

    You can ink up the underside of my big toe if you want.

    ReplyDelete