Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Want to Believe...

As I am such a hard working and thoughtful scholar, I was discussing with my colleagues the other day the differences between economics and politics. In respect of the 21st century, my father maintains four of his own blogs which, unlike me, he updates daily. He had this to say on the matter: Hard-nosed positive economics focuses on “the how” leaving many of the “why” and “ought” questions unanswered. Oh, now I get it...

For those of you who are utterly fascinated by such a topic, I advise you to read Will Hutton’s article Life may not be fair, but that’s still no excuse for an unjust society.

I have become apathetic in my ability to maintain this blog but that's not to say I'm going to stop altogether--maybe in a couple months. I decided about an hour ago that I'm going to watch the nine season, televised entirety of the X-Files as I feel I never really appreciated how good it is. Whilst doing that, I am looking forward to writing about either Sam Raimi's Evil Dead 2 or Tarantino's Death Proof for my film class; recognising them for their hidden ideology and I might even critique them from a feminist film theory perspective--not that I am such a thing.

This week I also have to decide if I'm going to visit the Grand Canyon or Oregon...

Jonty x

No comments:

Post a Comment