Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lamps don't have feelings do they?


I had the pleasure of seeing for the first time this week, this ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I07xDdFMdgw

It turns out that it was directed by Spike Jones and I really don't know why but I did actually feel sorry for the lamp. Whilst the Swedish gentleman at the end of the ad tells us that lamps actually don't have feelings and yes, the new one is probably better I can't help but see the lamp wishing it could go back indoors where it's nice and warm. I guess the music doesn't help, neither does all the rain and whole street corner scenario. I also think Pixar have managed to subconsciously condition me into personifying things like lamps and cowboy dolls too.

Anyway, in the past two weeks I've managed to re-watch the whole first season of Prison Break and am currently half way through season two and I can't even begin to describe how good it is. I actually think it's impossible to be bored watching it? I also enjoyed reading the show's actor's individual backgrounds earlier this evening and was interested to see that one them had been involved in DUI and consequentially served actual real-life prison time. Kinda ironic really. Maybe being involved in such a show meant that he could easily fashion his own Allen key and break out of wherever he was through the toilet in his cell. Oops.

Jonty x

No comments:

Post a Comment